Any Rouvy users out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been using this on and off for around year, just wondering if anyone else used it. Seriously impressed with it, wonder what others think.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yeah, Rouvy is groovy.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I had a trial on it last year, and enjoyed it. It was easy to set up and easy to use.

As I already have subscriptions to Zwift and BigRingVR I don't feel that I can justify taking out a third one, but it's still a possibility if I decide I want more variety in my indoor riding.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
I had a trial on it last year, and enjoyed it. It was easy to set up and easy to use.

As I already have subscriptions to Zwift and BigRingVR I don't feel that I can justify taking out a third one, but it's still a possibility if I decide I want more variety in my indoor riding.
Know what you mean. I've got Zwift and Rouvy but couldn't justify another subscription. Using Rouvy more and more. Zwift metrics just seem way over generous by comparison.

microkid

I'm currently using Bkool and BigRingVR. Bkool for approx 5 years, mainly for group rides/races (also from this forum, BKool CycleChat group), BRVR for the HQ video's, just for the last 2 years. Recently I looked at Rouvy again, and I must conclude they improved a lot last years. In my opinion, it's a nice mix of Zwift (large growing community, races, group rides, lots of events), BigRingVR (HQ video's) and BKool (races and group rides). BKool is currently testing their augmented reality in the virtual Giro rides, for which you have to pay. In Rouvy, it's standard (although not on all rides, but a lot). I have done a couple of grouprides now, a race is scheduled for this tuesday. I can only conclude that I like Rouvy a lot. I already cancelled my BigRingVR subscription.

Venod

Eh up
I have tried it and like it although it's a bit gamey with the coin collections and cartoon barriers and riders on the AR rides, it has a good selection of films, but the quality isn't as good as Tacx/Garmin films which I have a subscription for. I don't use Zwift it is also too gamey for me.
I find BRVR ok for the free player to run free films.

ExBrit

Über Member
I just switched from Zwift to Rouvy. Love the graphics and being able to ride in real places. I remember being enthralled while riding along Avenue of the Giants many years ago and I was thrilled to see they have that route. It's more mellow than Zwift and I really like that. I also think the ftp calculations are more accurate than Zwift. There's definitely room for improvement when searching for rides. I'd love to have an interactive world map of the rides to zoom and select.

It needs a more powerful computer than Zwift. It lags a bit on my old low-end laptop so I just built a mid-range desktop specifically to run it.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-Core 12-Thread on an ASUS Prime B550-PLUS AMD with 16GB RAM and 512Gb NVMe solid state drive running Windows 11 does the job well. A 32" monitor is probably overkill given the graphics quality, but that's what I went with.

Top Bottom