Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Entered another marathon in late October this evening and spent the last hour putting the training plan into the calendar.

So, having completed Manchester Marathon on Sunday I started the training plan for my first ultra today. On counting back from the October marathon the training for that commences the week after the ultra.

That puts me on track to having been training for events from Christmas Day 2023 till October this year. Oooops!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Entered another marathon in late October this evening and spent the last hour putting the training plan into the calendar.

So, having completed Manchester Marathon on Sunday I started the training plan for my first ultra today. On counting back from the October marathon the training for that commences the week after the ultra.

That puts me on track to having been training for events from Christmas Day 2023 till October this year. Oooops!

Marathons are excellent training for Ultras, you get the benefit of aid stations / support, and you can latch on to a group to help pull you through. I had the benefit of the running boom of the early 80's where it seemed every city wanted to stage their own marathon, and entry fees were usually quite reasonable so it was quite practical to do a marathon every few weeks as a long training run.

Cirrus

Veteran
I sort of use the Run Britain website to search for events and to look at some of the information they have for the licensed events I ente, handicap etc.

They have recently “upgraded “ the site and have turned a straightforward, easily usable site in a pain in ass to use, am a tad miffed with them.

Top Bottom