Any sore throat/ear sufferers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gf1959

This is day 8 of a really grotty throat infection,a couple of days ago it
began to spread to my ears and face and now my left ear feels almost totally
blocked,i can barely hear out of it at all.
The sore throat still persists,on day 5 i saw the Doc who not surprisingly
said to let it run its course(time's up),and only come back if it doesn't
clear up. I'm not used to having something i'm so unable to fight off,anyone
else had similar health issues,particularly the worrying hearing loss?
Somehow i don't feel like cycling just now.

Sounds like a sinus infection - I usually get one at this time of the year when the weather turns cold & damp.

More info here http://www.sinusinfectionhelp.com/chronic-sinus-infection.html

OP
OP
G

gf1959

Thanks,could be that,spose i'll have to head back to the doc and see if he might take
me more seriously this time. Starting to think swine flu would be beter.

quidditys_shore

i get the same thing all year round! mainly on the cold months but can happen when there are sudden changes in weather.

i dont bother with the doctor as he just says the same, let it run it course.

what i do it take morrisons equivilant of strepsols (i work there so & as i get this often i get the cheaper ones!) & take paracetomol, 2 4 times a day.

Fiona N

Veteran
I get the same - sore throat, sinuses, 'itching' ears - that lasts 10 days or so then disappears, sore throat first, then ears OK and finally the nose starts seriously running (but at least it's no longer blocked). Misery for 2 weeks :biggrin:

Sudafed do a nasal spray which relieves the blocked nose/sinuses but it's recommended only for use for a few days and I generally find the effect doesn't last all that long - better is the inhalent oil they also do. I suspect it's related to old-fashioned smelling salts but it's pungency (applied to a hankie not your nose - the pain doesn't bear thinking about) clears the 'tubes' and your head and you can use it as required. Makes life a little more liveable.

WeeE

There seems to be a particularly nasty throat thing at the moment - my neice is the second person I know who's had it - incredibly persistent and tough. She still sounds really gravelly after a month.

Top Bottom