Any sub £400 MTB bargains around?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by cjb, 20 Aug 2012.

1. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member

My partner has expressed an interest in coming riding with me and wants a first bike. I don't want to spend a great deal (as I do on my own bikes, of course!) in case it turns out she doesn't take to the sport. The riding we will be doing will be on grassy/stoney pennine tracks rather than rocky downhills. I'm therefore looking to spend under £400 and have seen this, which seems like a reasonable deal:

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/specialized-hardrock-sport-disc-12

Any advice on this or suitable alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

2. hobbygirl

hobbygirl Active Member

i am selling my mtb in classified have a look see what you think. if you are interested but too far away we could meet in the middle, thanks julie

3. OP
    OP
    cjb

cjb Well-Known Member

Price?

4. akb

akb Über Member

A friend of mine has the Hardrock and has no complaints. I have just recently brought the RockHopper and it is perfect for my needs; single track XC stuff. Spesh do pretty decent entry level hardtails.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Take a look at Decathlon Rock Riders. Also the Carrera Vengeance - got one for my son and it was a cracker at £330.

6. hobbygirl

hobbygirl Active Member

price as i said in my advert ,sensible offers. you know what its worth and what you would be willing to pay for it second hand as I am not sure what to ask for it. it is in your budget as you can buy it new for 400. thanks julie

7. jazloc

jazloc Über Member

8. OP
    OP
    cjb

cjb Well-Known Member

Thanks, Julie, but you're a little too far away, I'm afraid.

9. LosingFocus

LosingFocus Lost it, got it again.

[QUOTE 1997151, member: 45"]Decathlon, Decathlon and Decathlon.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Rockrider 5.3. Just got one myself, loving it so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice