Any tips for 1st 10mile TT please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got round to joining the local CC this year. I had only ridden one 10 mile TT there about 3 years ago as a guest with 31.07.

Anyway start time was 7.00 but only got there at about 6.45(in the car) so no time for a warm up. Introduced myself as a new member etc. Then was asked if I minded if I start number 5 with 30 second intervals. I said Ok but it was a bit of a rush to get a number on and to the start a mile away.

Anyway set off at bit too keen as half a mile in looked at the speedo reading 27mph!

Calmed down a bit then and ended up catching 3 of the 4 riders in front of me. As it is run on a 2 lap circuit I had others to chase on the second lap but was overtaken by about 4 guys on there first lap(all on full on TT bikes). I was on a road bike, no tri bars. Was hoping for sub 30, thought I had actually done about 29 but just checked the club site and posted a 28.04.

One very pleased almost 40 year old!

Can't wait to next week!

Dave5N

Über Member
Good stuff. Well done!

Blott's Mate

Now agree with riding the course cf driving it. Drove last week's and clocked that the 2nd half was largely uphill but you have no idea how it rides and it was even harder than it looked.Drove to next week's one & cycled it this afternoon. 2 mile long uphill in the middle :rolleyes:

Top Bottom