Any Vodka drinkers on here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
1651078978680.png

© Old Firm of Sin 2022
This brand was made in Warrington, now bought out by Whyte & Mackay and made in Scotland. In my experience, as good (or bad) as the others at the same 37.5% strength.

Gwylan

Veteran
Careful, many of the alledged Russian vodkas are manufactured under licence in the UK.

After 12 months there you get used to drinking all sorts of mysterious transparent liquids of varying taste and quality.
Elsewhere in E Europe we christened all the white spirits as " grand father's tears" No real idea why. Some did make your eyes water.

The Russia briefing included the instruction not to buy vodka, especially in recycled water bottles, from scruffy men in the Metro.
Clearly that expert was way out of their depth.

Dark days, around Chernobyl time.
Interesting fact, in those days you bought vodka by weight. The bottle was weighed at your table and then weighed when you left.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Zubrowka straight from the freeezer. If I'm making a tall mix with lemon, Stolichnaya.

Many years ago, before flavoured vodkas became popular over here, there was an independent off licence in Hebden Bridge, which used to sell flavoured Polish vodkas; bison grass, lemon and pepper are three which come to mind. He also used to keep some harder to acquire vodkas and other drinks out of sight round the back of the shop, which was a nice touch for regulars.

I was given a bottle of caramel vodka a while back which is in the cupboard, but find my mouth is rarely in the mood for that. Way too sweet.

My Dad's preference was Krepkaya, but personally I found it too harsh. Both my Mum and Dad used to like cherry vodka at Christmas.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If you're going to mix it with, say, tonic and add lemon/lime, doesn't it all taste the same?

For the at home VATs I just buy cheap supermarket own brand stuff. Not into drinking it neat, unlike you park bench winos here

Top Bottom