Any volunteers for a mission to Mars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21603490

they are looking for an older married couple whose relationship will withstand the 500 day trip. You would get to be the only members of the million mile high club!

I might volunteer and quickly nip out of the rocket once wifey is safely strapped in for lift off. I'd get 500 day of peace but a life time of hell if she made a safe return.

green1

Über Member
I'd like to volunteer a work colleague. But it has to be one way.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
2nuhyeo.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Too high maintenance mate. All that finger nail art and crap (thats what youngsters are into).
Yes, but I could tell her my Uranus and 'heavenly body' jokes. That'd last us till about halfway to the moon.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmmm. I think if it weren't for a couple of things, NT and I would be up for it!

The things being - leaving family behind back here, just in case it turned out to be a one way trip.... And the small matter of the fact that the technology, from that report, seems to be a little bit uninvented yet....

Hmmm. I think if it weren't for a couple of things, NT and I would be up for it!

The things being - leaving family behind back here, just in case it turned out to be a one way trip.... And the small matter of the fact that the technology, from that report, seems to be a little bit uninvented yet....

yep - that was what put me off considering it... that and working out how to take enough inhalers for the time span. twas bad enough having to carry 3 months supply of each of my inhalers & tablets whilst on tour, but for 18-24 months plus spares for emergencies... think I will pass on that one.:biggrin:

Top Bottom