Any Worcestershire cyclists fancy a bimble...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all

Anyone near(ish) to Bewdley fancy a bimble? I've been pretty much off the bike since last September when I had a minor op. Then, with the awful winter, I just couldn't bring myself to abuse my nice, shiny bike so I stayed indoors and piled on the pounds instead. I finally had my first outing yesterday, and just had a sedate 15 miler to ease me back into the saddle.

My usual cycling buddy has been diagnosed with a dodgy back, and the selfish git has decided that his state of health is more important than my bike rides :biggrin:. Apparently his chiropractor has decreed cycling a "no-no"..... So, I'm riding solo at the mo' but could do with some company to lend a bit of interest/motivation (read - I could do with someone shaming me to get my fat arse up those hills :tongue: )

At my current level of fitness I would consider a 40 miler to be just about my limit without medical intervention.....:biggrin: So, any would-be Lance Armstrong's might be disappointed. But, if you fancy just a sensibly paced jaunt, it would be nice to hear from you :ohmy:

All the best, Andy

Hont

Guru
You're the wrong side of Kiddy for my usual routes, but I do get out to Belbroughton/Chaddesley Corbett on occasion, if that's any use?

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
Hont said:
You're the wrong side of Kiddy for my usual routes, but I do get out to Belbroughton/Chaddesley Corbett on occasion, if that's any use?

Hi

It's no bother for me to get over t'uther side of Kiddy. How are the routes over that way regarding traffic? My usual runs take me the other side of Bridgnorth, and through Highley, Alveley, Button Oak etc., and are pretty cycle-friendly. But I'm always up for horizons new :sad:

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
McWobble said:
This is possibly a bit far for you to get to, but is this of any interest? https://www.cyclechat.net/

If you can manage 40 miles, I don't think you'd have any problems - we don't hurry!

That sounds absolutely ideal. However.......... I work most Saturday mornings :sad:. If you ever run a similar outing on a Sunday then count me in. I'll keep 'em crossed :sad:.

All the best, Andy

Hont

Guru
BilboSmeggins said:
How are the routes over that way regarding traffic?

Once you get into the country lanes (I only cross the A roads I don't spend any time on them) it's dead quiet. More horses than cars (and quite flat south of the A448 too). Your biggest traffic issue will likely be getting the other side of Kiddy / Stourport.

I normally get out on Saturdays (I also work Saturday mornings but can get out mid morning) and Wednesdays (my day off). Can you only do Sundays?

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
I get a day off in the week but it rotates - Monday, then Tuesday etc. I have next Wednesday off, but am taking my mod 1 motorcycle test then. It will be quite some weeks before I see another free Wednesday. So Sunday is my only "constant" when I can get out pretty much regardless.

Hont

Guru
Well I let you know if I'm on for a Sunday ride (normally only if the weather on Sat is sh*t or wife is away). Let me know when you can do a Weds.

Wobblers

Euthermic
BilboSmeggins said:
That sounds absolutely ideal. However.......... I work most Saturday mornings :rofl:. If you ever run a similar outing on a Sunday then count me in. I'll keep 'em crossed :biggrin:.

That's a pity! We might be getting a few evening rides in now that it's getting dark later, if that's any use to you. Give us a shout over on the other thread and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Top Bottom