Anybody been watching Accused?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's been good with some first class acting but last night's episode stretched my belief too far - okay, the recurring theme of the series is how people dig themselves deeper and deeper into trouble as they try to wriggle out of it so perhaps the writer considers the eventual verdicts of secondary importance but I cannot believe that a jury would have found the bloke guilty of murder. Surely it was clear that he and his mates had no intention of killing the dog walker? The two mates kicked the victim many times while the Accused only punched him once, so why the murder verdict for him while his mates got off scot-free? Surely all three should have been convicted of manslaughter?

Where's Patrick?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the episode with the death in the warehouse was wrong. the inquest would not have been adjourned pending manslaughter charges being filed, although it may well have been adjourned to allow the police to finish their inquiries. the coroner's verdict (or rather that of the jury) would inform the cps' decision of whether to prosecute or not.

i only know this as i sat on an inquest jury in a not dissimilar case last year.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I have found the writing and acting excellent in all of them, but the holes in the plots are so vast that they detract from the programme. Mrs Cisamcgu and I sit there and mutter "There is no way that would really happen" and "no-one would do that in this situation" and "The police just wouldn't do that" all the way through each of them - spoils them a bit :sad:

potsy

Rambler
Have been recording them and have now seen the first 3 episodes, good stuff i think, decent acting and stories.
Much better than endless reality in the Jungle type programmes anyway.
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom