Anybody else feel the same or is it just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

London Female

Über Member
I really do hate having my photo taken.

The Chief Nursing Officer for England visited the ward today. It was kind of a big deal and the top nurses for the trust were also present. They asked to meet a student nurse, I was duly dispatched to the group of VIP's. Don't worry they said, they will probably just ask you about the 6 C's of nursing. I was asked one question and out of nowhere a photographer appears.

No one asked me if I would be happy to be part of any of this and certainly didn't mention photographs.

Hotblack Desiato

I agree that you should have been asked. What will they do with the photograph, have they told you?

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Your not on your own, different profession but I too often get asked to have photo taken for silly media publications and I just hate it so I just say NO!

Sara_H

Guru

The Chief Nursing Officer for England visited the ward today. It was kind of a big deal and the top nurses for the trust were also present. They asked to meet a student nurse, I was duly dispatched to the group of VIP's. Don't worry they said, they will probably just ask you about the 6 C's of nursing. I was asked one question and out of nowhere a photographer appears.

No one asked me if I would be happy to be part of any of this and certainly didn't mention photographs.
My photo appeared on our Trusts website, along with my name and pay band without my permission. Not for long though!

i hate it, it's why i like having the camera, i can hide behind it. there are few photos of me and most of those have me holding a camera to my face.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am the same.
I don't mind having my photo taken when I agree to it.

I really don't like the assumption that I am happy to have my photo taken, or photos of my work taken, that are then used in someone's publicity bumph where I have not given permission, nor have control over how and where that image is used.

I absolutely hate it when someone wants to Facebook my image.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

I think you've every right to feel let down. Write to the RCN.

ASC1951

Guru
I think you've every right to feel let down. Write to the RCN.
I don't like having my photo taken, either at work or socially. I'm no more than averagely ugly, it's just something I don't like; nor do I presume to take photos of other people.

But writing to the RCN? That comes from someone who is already qualified and IIRC self-employed, so please don't do anything so silly. The last thing you want is to be remembered as 'that stroppy student nurse', especially over something so trivial. If it does appear somewhere where it attracts unwanted attention, fine, complain then.

Top Bottom