Anybody else get soaked this morning?..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
..just so I know I wasn't the only one
rain.gif

Left home at 4.45am roads were wet but it wasn't actually raining, minutes later the heavens opened,got to work with squelchy socks but rest wasn't too bad(forgot my overshoes) just about got away with it for return leg.

As a pure 'coincidence' there weren't many bikes in the racks today,funny that
smile.gif

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Yep same here, misty drizzly rain, love it!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Roads were wet and i had my new waterproof shorts on but did not need them in the end,hope it rains tonight !!!! Started using lights now though even if the knumbnuts in cars still ignore them :angry:

taxing

Nope, my job's quite flexible so I just hung around the house drinking tea until the rain stopped. :smile:

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Totally drenched. Left the house in light drizzle, got to work in full on driving rain. I had only a waterproof jacket on so top half perfect, bottom half soaked, including the dripping wet socks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was asleep then mate...........

Just damp this morning, although not looking too good for my commute home - lots of showers !

Totally drenched. Left the house in light drizzle, got to work in full on driving rain. I had only a waterproof jacket on so top half perfect, bottom half soaked, including the dripping wet socks.

Exactly the same - socks are on the office window sill at the moment. Strange thing was that I considered putting my mudguards back on last night but thought against it. Damn.

It also looks like it is gathering up again for my journey home. Oh well, what can you do.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I was asleep then mate...........

Just damp this morning, although not looking too good for my commute home - lots of showers !

At least I now know that waterproof cover for the panier works a treat
thumbsup.png

That's me done til Monday afternoon now,plenty of lie ins for next 9 days
tongue.gif

sandman77

Today was my first commute in the rain and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. I was totally soaked by the time I got to the office and I am not looking forward to putting my wet clothes back on for the commute home though.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Today was my first commute in the rain and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. I was totally soaked by the time I got to the office and I am not looking forward to putting my wet clothes back on for the commute home though.

Monday I'll be taking spare socks,undies,t-shirt etc to keep in my locker.Had a spare pair of socks for today and am glad I did,I know what you mean about enjoying the ride in the rain though,feels good to get to work and have people amazed that you can ride a bike in the wet
laugh.gif

Got wet this morning - but only because the new bike doesn't have mudguards yet. 1st order of business this weekend is to go and get some. Think I could have got away with the normal riding gear otherwise. Not looking good for the ride home though! There's a massive black cloub hovering just overhead!

Top Bottom