England : West Sussex Anybody fancy joining me ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Distance
46.11 miles
Estimated Time
5:20:56
Ascent
686 feet
Descent
696 feet
Start Elevation
13 feet
Finish Elevation
3 feet
Minimum Elevation
3 feet
Maximum Elevation
370 feet

One of my loops is really nice, about 45 miles ish, mixture or gorgeous lanes, quiet B roads for the most part, includes nice villages etc

The route goes out from Shoreham, up to Steyning, Fulking, Poynings,Cuckfield, Warninglid, etc and back to shoreham over the adur river near the airport. There are pubs, cafes etc.

No big hills ...runs out along the bottom of the south downs...reasonable pace...station at shoreham I guess although I ride from worthing so thats good to.

I'm guessing the thing now is the weather...but so long a sit's not tipping it down and blowing a gale it should be good.

Just throwing it out there as an idea for now...Any takers?

SATURDAY 17th November

One of my loops is really nice, about 45 miles ish, mixture or gorgeous lanes, quiet B roads for the most part, includes nice villages etc

The route goes out from Shoreham, up to Steyning, Fulking, Poynings,Cuckfield, Warninglid, etc and back to shoreham over the adur river near the airport. There are pubs, cafes etc.

No big hills ...runs out along the bottom of the south downs...reasonable pace...station at shoreham I guess although I ride from worthing so thats good to.

I'm guessing the thing now is the weather...but so long a sit's not tipping it down and blowing a gale it should be good.

Just throwing it out there as an idea for now...Any takers?

Time? Date? or are just looking for expression of interest?
Put me down for 'maybe'.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's a pity that this ride isn't going ahead BOAB, but I can make a few suggestions for the next one:
  • Start the thread title with 'Forum ride'. A lot of people are time-poor and quickly scan titles to see if they can spot anything that interests them.
  • Say where it is from and to e.g. Worthing to Cuckfield.
  • Include the date in the title. Don't ask for suggestions about the date or you will end up having to disappoint people who prefer a different date.
  • Find reasons to bump the thread up regularly. This thread had no posts for over a month so it wouldn't be picked up by people who use the What's New? link. Don't just type 'bump' though - talk about the cafe stop, something interesting on the route, or the weather forecast nearer the day of the ride ...
Good luck with your next forum ride! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Maz
OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
good advice mate....no probs...when th espring comes I'll get a couple good rides organized around here, there are some lovely places to ride...lots of small villages, country lanes, south downs etc.

Shanks

Another one or two definitely up for this if you organise this again. Coming from Chichester so should be warmed up ( or knackered :biggrin: ) by the time we get to Shoreham

Top Bottom