Anybody flying anywhere soon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Avro RJ85 Passenger Terror as Plane Wing Falls Off after Take-off from London City Airport

https://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/avro-rj85-passenger-terror-plane-wing-falls-off-153218880.html

cityjet.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Slight exaggeration by Yahoo. Planes do not get to 3000 feet and then land safely after a wing falling off!
Turns out it is some sort of deflector or fairing, not a crucial component like a wing.

pplpilot

Guru
I love 'aircraft incidents' it brings all the armchair pilots, amateur accident investigators out in droves. Brandane is of course correct...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
And you are much more likely to be killed in a car crash on the way to the airport

That's ok then as I'm taking the bus.

Soup890

Crazy
I have only once travelled on a plane. That was to America. Wish I could do it more often. I love flying. The take off. The buzz of it. And when the plane is preparing to land and it sways and dives. Amazing stuff.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have only once travelled on a plane. That was to America. Wish I could do it more often. I love flying. The take off. The buzz of it. And when the plane is preparing to land and it sways and dives. Amazing stuff.
I get a real kick out of it too. I really enjoy take off and landing, but opportunities are few and far between.

Top Bottom