Anybody get home sick???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Never get homesick.
I do get to the point on holiday i just want to get home, but thats boredom usually.
Working abroard ? No problem, my complaint is i usually dont have time to do everything i want to. That said, 2 to 3 weeks away isnt long enough to get homesick for me, so maybe if it were longer ?

Like MDBiker, its a big adventure for me. Savour every experience, even the bad ones.

Mind, i know someone (i guess we all do) that phones home several times a day (even if he's working in town, let alone away), just to make sure all's ok. Horses for courses, i guess thats nice too.

Jane Smart

The Queen
I always get home sick, I hate going away from home, always have, even as a child. :sad:

darkstar

Dayvo said:
Steve Harmison was the main culprit who got homesick on overseas tours.
He was also guilty of being a rude, arrogant twat who seemed to manage to persuade the whole nation to love him.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
longers said:
I've had 6 different beds, tents or caravans in 6 days and am really looking forward to my own tonight. If it were here I'd not be wanting to go anywhere so not homesick, just bedsick.

Sounds like a good week off.........

Certainly get 'bed sick' only cos you get used to your own bed.... having a dodgy shoulder makes me appreciate the silly money my wife spent on our bed last year......

As for kids, I help out with Beavers/Cubs, and some of the 'hard' lads are the sobbing ones on an overnight...... the quiet lads are fine. Usually get one every other camp that wants to go home. We do Beavers where the lads are 6 plus, so it's a big deal also..... but blooming great training for them.... the mums are the worse.............

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've every sympathy. I get homesick after 24 hours. Capello can't be worrying about the state of mind of one of his players

Globalti

Legendary Member
I suspect that part of the homesickness in this case is culture shock and the inability to function properly in a different country. It's not unknown for visitors to very different countries in places like Africa to go into a sort of controlled panic and find it impossible to get on with life, I've seen it happen in Nigeria.

Top Bottom