Anybody got Rockshox Rebas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Do they leak oil around the lockout cap on the RH leg? Mine do; they've been back to the shop who say there is nothing wrong with them. It's not a problem really but the SIDs I had before didn't leak a drop.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mine don't. They're the Reba race with poploc so the top of the rh leg is the lockout and blowout gate adjuster.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, mine's got that but I never fitted it. I only have a suspension fork because I'm forced to by the frame geometry - maybe I should look around for a rigid carbon fork?

wesa

I have Rebas, as do two friends, no oil leaking on any of them.

Edited: to correct bad typing, and again, I'll just quite now

Renard

I've had the same recently. Seemed to be when the bike was in the back of the car. Just a little and haven't done anything about it as I've only used the mountain bike once this year.

There should not be any oil in the top section of the fork to leak out.
If you service them you put a dash to fit ontop of the air piston to work as lube, but that's about it.

It is possible that an internal seal has failed or is mis-placed as there is some oil in the lowers for the wiper seals etc.

To understand what I'm on about, there's a servicing guide here:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...TItNjM4NS00YjBiLWEwZDgtMjEyYTQ5NWZlMjc5&hl=en

Cyclist33

I just got my Recons delivered :-)

Noticed that there is about 1cm travel with the lockout on. Ok?

Also, what is this "blow-off" valve? Where is it? How does it work? Can/should I adjust it?

And... what is the difference between the "preload" dial on the top left fork and the "rebound" nut at the bottom of the same fork?

Thanx

Stu

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, they will move a little with the lockout on.

No idea what a blow-off valve is for. Maybe it's for those really big hits?

Preload will be either compressing the internal spring or possibly even reducing the size of an air chamber and the rebound adjuster is for the damping.

BTW I sent my Rebas back to Fisher Outdoor Leisure who repaired them properly and sent them back in a week. Haven't tried them yet but there was a note about a leaking seal repaired. They were extremely helpful and sympathetic when I emailed and told them how unhappy I was.

Top Bottom