Anybody Interested Riding (9 days)- LEJOG: 7th June- 15th June 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael Donohoe

Hi there,

I am planning on doing the LEJOG in 9 days, and would like to hire a van to carry the gear. I am undertaking my ride for the Charity Whizz Kids. If anyone is interested to share costs for van and accommodation, I think for a group of 6 we could do it at a cost of between £300-£500 (travel from Lands End/fuel and accommodation).

I am checking interest and numbers at the moment. The plan is do approximately 100 miles per day, stay in travel lodges on route for 5 nights (cheapest 3 people per family room at £10 each), the other nights in tents or B+B's, we can agree that later.

Obviously you will have to be able to ride approximately 100 miles per day for 9 days, so it will require a certain fitness level. We could travel in two's for safety and have pre-arranged meeting points on route.

Let me know if you are interested and I will forward the details.

I am looking to do lejog next year, so I would be interested.

Gary Newton

Hi Michael

I'm interested too - if you want to send details.

I've done LEJOG before with an organised tour over 11 days , but felt it too slow. As a challenge nine days is just about right.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I'm interested. Been looking at Deloitte for a while but it seems a little too organized. Would prefer to do it in a small group as you suggest. PM me if it's still on...

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Near Wakefield. Just got back in actually from a 35 mile slog in the wind. Nice though. Into Barnsley, through Worsborough, Hickleton, Hooton Pagnell then home. Anyone know them places. I'd be more than happy to have a meet up

colly

Re member eR
Something I would be keen on. :thumbsup:
I've thought about LeJOG or JOGLE for sometime but I guess like a lot of people it's always something 'I'll do one day'. Maybe organising it with other like this will be the way to do it.
I have only a fixed bike I'm using at the moment. Maybe I'd have to sort out a couple of half finished projects to get a geared bike ready.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Ok then. So I've just arranged a ride with Gary Newton in this thread to talk LEJOG 2014. We're in Barnsley/Wakefield area. If you're interested in doing the LEJOG next year, why not join us either Mon/Tue or following weekend 9th/10th Nov if more suitable. Gary is a wealth of knowledge on the subject as he's done it before but keen on doing it again in 9 days, approx 100 mile per day. Let me know if your interested, all we're doing at the moment is sowing the seeds, nothing has been planned yet.

Last edited:

colly

Re member eR
Ok then. So I've just arranged a ride with Gary Newton in this thread to talk LEJOG 2014. We're in Barnsley/Wakefield area. If you're interested in doing the LEJOG next year, why not join us either Mon/Tue or weekend if more suitable. Gary is a wealth of knowledge on the subject as he's done it before but keen on doing it again in 9 days, approx 100 mile per day. Let me know if your interested, all we're doing at the moment is sowing the seeds, nothing has been planned yet.
Sunday would be OK for me. Monday or Tuesday I could make at a pinch but it would be difficult work wise.
Anyway, keep me posted. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom