Anybody lost a huge amount of cannabis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
because Solihull Police have found it in the Chelmslea Wood area and are waiting for you to collect it. Some wag has asked if they deliver.

Ah, the joy of the Met Police Twitter feed!*

*I've not worked Twitter out, but I get the highlights from Her Nibs who follows @MPSinthesky

Cubist

Still wavin'
Makes Oi larff.

I expect the police haven't quite worked out what it is they have found. Many growers only bother to harvest the flowering tops of the plants, because that is where the highest concentration of THC is to be found. The stalks and leaves, although containing enough THC to get mildly stoned, are not economically viable, or don't have a ready market. Therefore, when the plants are harvested only the tops are kept and the rest fly-tipped.

It gives an interesting indication of young people's attitude towards intoxication.
As an old fart I like to drink to get a bit of a buzz, not to get utterly wasted. My experience of the night time economy shows that very few young people can drink without feeling it necessary to get off their face. In the same way cannabis use has shifted from the gentle stoners of the 60, 70s and 80s having a mellow time on a nice bit of leb, to young people only ever interested in getting absolutely off their tits on the strongest skunk they can find.

In 2009/10 our division was leading the way in finding and dismantling cannabis farms and grows. We'd be getting crimestoppers info on farms, at the rate of about three a week. Part of my duties last year and the year before was to take the seized bush to a licensed incinerator. We'd have enough to fill a police Merc Sprinter floor to ceiling in the central passenger compartment, and stacked floor to ceiling in the prisoner cage. A rough estimate of street value was in the hundreds of thousands, if not getting on for millions per month.

One slightly more worrying fall out from this is the gangs who decide it's easier to let someone else do the growing, and then relieve them of the crop. We get plenty of reports of burglaries which turn out to be just such an incident, with a sheepish, terrified home-grower reporting that some big boys with bats turned up and stole all his plants.

Worse still was the incident on my patch this year where a gang has kicked the door in, pistol whipped Gordon Goodcitizen as he's watching Strictly and demanded his weed, only to discover they had the wrong house.

Top Bottom