Anybody scared of heights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think that for people who don't like heights. Somebody should make a video of a tightrope walker, walking bare footed on a rope suspended a foot above a floor covered in Lego bricks
How about without the rope bit?

Heights - depends on the situation.
I do have a clamber up to the top of the ships mast from time to time but it's only around 50m from the deck and probably another 50 above the sea. It does involve harness and safety lines though and doesn't bother me. Hanging on with one hand though :eek:

Tin Pot

Guru
Like so many activities on YouTube, it creates a false bias. Which encourages more idiots to ignore their primal senses.

Base jumping for example:
http://base-jumping.eu/base-jumping-fatality-list/

Where are the 1,800 videos of these "fun filled antics"?

tyred

Legendary Member
Which Laurel and Hardy film was it that had them running around on scaffolding/half completed building?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Which reminds me of this non-studio shot

Lunch-atop-a-skyscraper-c1932.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
They're obviously comfortable with heights, were in control and didn't fall off - no issue for me.

Not even a difficult climb - conditions look good, nothing is likely to come adrift, nothings likely to fall onto them. Plenty of easy hand and foot placements ie wide and not outward sloping.

Just because some people get the heebie-jeebies looking at these clips doesn't make the participants bad people or indeed 'idiots'.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bit slow out of the blocks there, Vern! Smoking Joe was there on page two.

Unless it was a different group of diners. :smile:

I blame the absinthe.

Tin Pot

Guru
No one was harmed in the making of the film etc. We all perceive risk differently. Looks to me like they were having a blast.

Very true. I perceive it correctly. I understand a probabilistic reality. I understand risk and reward. They, and people who are encouraged by or support such behaviour, do not.

I take heart that at least the gene pool improves itself this way, slowly.

#darwinawards

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Very true. I perceive it correctly. I understand a probabilistic reality. I understand risk and reward. They, and people who are encouraged by or support such behaviour, do not.

I take heart that at least the gene pool improves itself this way, slowly.

#darwinawards

Yes you do - within your risk boundaries.

They perceived the risk correctly within theirs. An evaluation was made. They completed the climb without incident.

Can't see a problem there.

Top Bottom