Anybody want to sign this petition?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
By the by - just searched for 'cycling' on the Govt. petition website. What a bunch of crazies out there - how about:
'Cyclists Must Wear a Yellow Jacket With a Reflective ID Number' (1 signature so far ......)

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately the people who this is probably aimed at - people who ride bikes without due care and attention and in a selfish and dangerous way - are likely to be similar to the drivers we encouter with an eqaully poor attitude; they don't really care enough to be bothered.

I do like the idea - that ALL bicycle users should be considerate, use singals, be patient, give way where it is safe/appropriate, and be aware of those around them etc. - and drivers (of any vehicle) should do likewise - but, to be honest, most professional drivers I encounter are careful drivers and most enthusiast cyclists are similarly careful and considerate.

Mutual respect regardless of transport medium is probably a better aim; and that has to come from all sides working together. Quite how you stop the suicidal cyclists and the blind drivers/road ragers I don't know?

Maybe I should throw up a new site - saferoadsforall.com ?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Jezston

Über Member
Mutual respect regardless of transport medium is probably a better aim; and that has to come from all sides working together. Quite how you stop the suicidal cyclists and the blind drivers/road ragers I don't know?

With more proactive enforcement of existing laws.

Which with decreasing budgets we won't get, sadly.

Top Bottom