Anyone a software expert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd like a recommendation of software which could organise shifts, days off, holidays etc for a few hundred people working on a 24 hour schedule.

I work for one of those great organisations where computer procurement have invested a fortune in software which doesn't work. So every month me and my colleagues get messed around, middle management cannot do anything so try to pass the problem downwards to us and the current initiative from senior management seems to be to try and get the staff to put their lives at the mercy of the computer so they can get it to function. Fat chance.

As a staff rep I get stuck in the middle of this every month. I'm too far down the totem pole to get anyone to listen to sensible practical suggestions, but perhaps if alternatives could be filtered upwards it might reach someone who can do something about it.

Melvil

A very powerful planning tool is Primavera (see link for resource planning product) which can organise resources and identify gaps - but it is project-based and may not be what you're looking for:

http://www.primavera.com/industry/cs/index.asp

Might be best to give them an email and see if they can help/it is/not what you're looking for?

Top Bottom