Anyone Been Ill Recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not cycling related, so I'm posting this one in Cafe, but Mods feel free to move if required.

On Friday I woke up feeling ill:sad: , was physically sick a few hours laterxx( , and spent most of the rest of the day lying down, feeling crap, achy and lacking in energy:tired: . My resting heart rate was low 80's, whereas it usually is low 50's. I don't know if I was over-tired, ill or had light food poisoning.

Was a bit of a pain as I was working off-site, had checked out of my hotel room, and was sharing a lift back home that evening, so there was nothing I could do except find a quiet spot, lie down, and keep out of the way.

Anyway, just been conversing with Typhoon, and he has just had very similar symptoms, but without actually physically being sick. Anyone else suffered something similar? Is there something going around?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Nope. And I'm keeping well clear of Selly Oak for the time being......

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Had man-flu the other week if that counts? :giggle:
JEEZ.....!

You ok, didn't lose a leg did you?

Women really don't understand the real threat man flu presents.......:whistle:

gavgav

Guru
Not cycling related, so I'm posting this one in Cafe, but Mods feel free to move if required.

On Friday I woke up feeling ill:sad: , was physically sick a few hours laterxx( , and spent most of the rest of the day lying down, feeling crap, achy and lacking in energy:tired: . My resting heart rate was low 80's, whereas it usually is low 50's. I don't know if I was over-tired, ill or had light food poisoning.

Was a bit of a pain as I was working off-site, had checked out of my hotel room, and was sharing a lift back home that evening, so there was nothing I could do except find a quiet spot, lie down, and keep out of the way.

Anyway, just been conversing with Typhoon, and he has just had very similar symptoms, but without actually physically being sick. Anyone else suffered something similar? Is there something going around?

I have been having similar symptoms on and off for a while now and know of others who have had the same. Mine involves very achy neck and shoulders all the time and no energy, etc ,etc.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I felt 5hite on Saturday so didn't do my planned bike ride. I manned up on Sunday and did the ride then instead.

There are lots of bugs about. Kids and staff at school have made similar observations about their symptoms before having a day or two off.

mattobrien

Guru
A sickness bug has made it's way around our household of late

Youngest daughter vomitted Wednesday morning and throughout the day. I came down Friday evening around 23:30 and then eldest daughter about three hours later - that was a fun night, especially seeing as I had been up much of the past few nights with youngest. Mrs O was the only one not to get it.

Worse of all I had to cancel a ride on Sunday morning, as I wasn't right, had no energy and was lacking on sleep.

Went our for a quick spin today and despite a lack of wind I wasn't setting any new average speed records. It was a little misty, so I am blaming it on denser air making it harder for me to make progress :whistle:

Injury rather than illness, I have just been told I have carpal tunnel syndrome which explains why my right wrist shrieks after about 500 yards' cycling. Ladders and computer mice also hurt :sad:

Comedypilot, that is one of my favourite films ever. Hail hail East Germany, land of vine and grape...

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm currently confined to barracks with acute viral Labyribthitis. Fine one moment, then an hour later the floor seems to move each time I breathe.

Missing the cycling, missing the weights and had to pull out of a powerlifting competition next month.

Icky and oh so bored :sad:

Top Bottom