Anyone been to legoland?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I am thinking of taking the mini Beebo's sometime in the summer holidays - they are 6 and 2.
We will go on a week day, not a weekend, but it will still be very busy.
Any advice to a first time visitor?
I have the usual buy 1 get 1 free tickets,
Just looking at the website they also sell an upgrade that allows you to jump the queues, this seems a bit expensive and unfair on anyone who cant afford the extra cost.

Maz

Guru
Just about to book this, but never been before.
Price is steep at £39 per child. Use the kelloggs cereal vouchers, if you have any ('adult goes for free with paying child'), this offer doesn't apply for online purchases, so to get in at the gate for a family of four, would be £78. There's a waterpark thing there too, so take swimming costumes, assuming weather is warm enough (or is it indoor? dunno)

mustang1

Guru
Expensive so search for discounted tickets. Also ensure your 6yo meets height restriuction for some rides. Food is expensive too and if I recall not that great. I'm not sure if you're allowed to take your own food.

I wouldn't be interested in visiting again without discounted tickets (I didn't know about them before) and not sure what queue are like if you need to buy tickets at gate.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a new Duplo Splash area - so deffo take swimming cossie and towel - this is one of the main things kids will love. My two went in it twice over two days recently - outside temp was about 12c - didn't stop them. There is another waterpark - but that is a full park. The Duplo Splash area is brilliant.

Check out ride restrictions for a 2 year old - this will likely rule out the main Dragon coaster, possibly the smaller one too, viking rapids, log flume, pirate ship.

There are rides for the smaller children in Duplo Valley. There are enough things to do for the smaller one.

One tip, if going for the big rides, make sure you are there for opening, and once through with tickets, you'll be waiting up near the main shops. If time, go through the star wars mini land and queue here to get into the park. This entrance takes you passed the viking river rapids - one of you could take the 6 year old on (if tall enough) and the other could head down towards the castle area for rides.

Atlantis ride is a bit pants - don't queue for long - this saw some of the big queue's - we went at end of the day with no queue - it's very short.

I'd advise you check out which rides have the restrictions. Plan the visit, and hit the back of the park first.

fossyant

PS plenty of 2 for 1 deals available. Plenty of second day free deals too.

We've got Merlin Annual Passes this year so have made the most of them. Did 2 days in Legoland recently - mainly as the kids wanted a 'last' visit as they are getting too big for the rides now - finding them a bit lame after Alton Towers. We've been 3 times over the years.

fossyant

Oh,

And depending upon where you are travelling from, Legoland is just west from Windsor. Come into it from the West (Ascot) direction. Traffic can be a mare to and from Windsor. The WEST was a doddle.

U

User482

I am thinking of taking the mini Beebo's sometime in the summer holidays - they are 6 and 2.
We will go on a week day, not a weekend, but it will still be very busy.
Any advice to a first time visitor?
I have the usual buy 1 get 1 free tickets,
Just looking at the website they also sell an upgrade that allows you to jump the queues, this seems a bit expensive and unfair on anyone who cant afford the extra cost.

Windsor or Denmark?

The Danish one is great, and our little daughter absolutely loved it. Yes it's expensive to get in, but everything's free once inside.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I thought it was just brilliant it... been to the Denmark and Windsor. Preferred the Danish original but we got the DFDS ferry direct overnight from North Shields which was fantastic but they stopped the service a while back. Mountains of lego and tecnics to get stuck into! ...though my children wandered off leaving me making a model windmill with working sails and a lighthouse.....:laugh:

They both loved the lego ride-in cars on the track though.

2 is too young but the colours and the miniature lego world will be fun... your 6 year old should love it!

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
There's vouchers for Merlin places on the sides of Kellogg's Cornflakes at the moment. I've never been to Lego Land but have a feeling I'd be like Archie but without the kids :biggrin:

fossyant

Take a packed lunch to keep costs down, and take in some drinks. A refillable drinks bottle can be bought, but not good for a 2 and 6 year old - only have pop. We have 1 annual bottle between the 4 of us. - I assume you'll have a pram, so you can have the lunch on the bottom of it in a cool bag.

U

User482

I thought it was just brilliant it... been to the Denmark and Windsor. Preferred the Danish original but we got the DFDS ferry direct overnight from North Shields which was fantastic but they stopped the service a while back. Mountains of lego and tecnics to get stuck into! ...though my children wandered off leaving me making a model windmill with working sails and a lighthouse.....:laugh:

They both loved the lego ride-in cars on the track though.

2 is too young but the colours and the miniature lego world will be fun... your 6 year old should love it!

You can still sail from Harwich - about 20 hours overnight. We even got invited on to the bridge on the way back - parenthood has great advantages.

On the other hand, they did manage to crash the ship into the dock recently...

@Beebo - I'm told Windsor is very similar, except for the model village. Anyway, I thought it was great. Your 6 year old will be able to go on the mini car track which looked like great fun.

Top Bottom