anyone been vaccinated after having covid virus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First off, apologies for yet another covid thread, i would like to hear about anyone who has had covid and since had the vaccine,
the reason being , as some here will know my wife has been badly affected since being hospitalised with covid, she recieved a phone call from receptionist at the gp surgery last week asking if she had booked a vaccination yet, yes she said i am booked in for 29th march , now the receptionist reply really put a spanner in the works, they said, with your ongoing health issues relating to covid, doctor isnt sure if you should be having the vaccination or not......

well if docs not sure who is ......fat lot of good that little fact is, mrs roadrash says she is going to ring 101 tomorrow, see what they say

i kowa cycling forum isnt really the right place to ask but i am interested to know if anyone had a bad case of covid and has since had the vaccine and how was it.

Drago

Legendary Member
My BiL was. Apparently, 6 months after recovery less than 1 in 10 patients have detectable antibodies, so there's clearly a method in their madness. He wasn't at deaths door with the virus, but spent 2 or 3 days in Hossy with breathing difficulties so it wasn't a walk in the park either.

Hes in his 30's, but he scored double as both badly asthmatic and a carer so got it fairly early on. He's never mentioned any side effects from the jab so can only presume he suffered less than i did.

Tell the receptionist to bog off. Unless she's clinically qualified herself no one cares what she thinks. Use the online service for your GP to ask him/her directly whether Mrs Rash should be doing so - if they cant give an answer then ask him to refer you to someone who can.

PS, hope Mrs Rash is feeling better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Thanks @Drago ,I am normally first i the queue when it comes to gp receptionist bashing but, she did say doctor says shes not sure you should be having it , if it was the receptionist that had given that statement then i would probably be locked up by now, thing is there is no-one else to ask there , only the one doc in a small surgery.

Debade

Über Member
I received two Moderna shots after I was diagnosed with Covid. My symptoms were minor with no breathing problems.. A little fatigue.
I had a little soreness after the 1st injection. And no problems after the 2nd as I was told that would likely be the case with nthe second injection since I recovered from Covid.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im fairly sure the doctor would say...

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. I don't know, but i'll find out.

I suspect "tell that whinging old giffer Rash and his Missus that I don't know, and leave them dangling with that" was not forthcoming from their lips.

Id book the appointment to reserve the slot, then contact the GP directly online. Most practices are signed up the NHS e-consult, accessible via their website.

I had covid in October and had my first shot last Tuesday. Felt rubbish for a couple of days, but that's hardly unusual. Covid laid me up for a couple of weeks+.

Rocky

Hello decadence
My son, a junior doctor aged 29, had Covid in April. Donated antibodies for a while. Had his first jab in December and then a second one in February. He was given the Pfizer vaccine. He felt rotten for 8 hrs after the first jab and then slightly worse for 24 hrs after his second one. His main symptoms were tiredness and a slight temperature. After both jabs, he took to his bed. But he'd say that the side effects of the jab weren't as bad as having Covid and certainly didn't last as long.

I remember you having it while my misses was in hospital , no long lasting affects i hope

Not too bad, how's your wife now?

I guess there isn't a perfect answer to this one, but I'd just go for whatever she wants. I guess the doc would agree if she's clear about her decisiin, either way.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
how's your wife now?

she still has blood clots on her lungs, permanent damage to valve on the right side of her heart , the doctor in hospital said its a good job heart was pumping strong enough to expell the blood clot, but expelling the clot is what caused the damage, she is breathless just walking from living room to kitchen, cant make top of stairs without a rest , or two on the way up , shes on a shed load of meds but all that being said she says she is still better off than some who was on the ward when she was , some of them didnt get to go home , which puts it into perspective really.

PK99

Legendary Member
From here:
https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/staff/covid-staff-faqs-vaccine.aspx

Can we have the vaccine if still having post-viral fatigue ('long COVID') from a previous COVID infection?
The Green Book published says symptoms of 'long COVID' are not a contraindication.
With long COVID the symptoms persist for months. Would it be safe to have the vaccine if still suffering from it?
The Green Book published says symptoms of 'long COVID' are not a contraindication.

she still has blood clots on her lungs, permanent damage to valve on the right side of her heart , the doctor in hospital said its a good job heart was pumping strong enough to expell the blood clot, but expelling the clot is what caused the damage, she is breathless just walking from living room to kitchen, cant make top of stairs without a rest , or two on the way up , shes on a shed load of meds but all that being said she says she is still better off than some who was on the ward when she was , some of them didnt get to go home , which puts it into perspective really.
I had the PEs/heart damage before covid, so I've got some idea of how she's feeling. Pass on my best wishes.

While everyone's different, its worth noting people can improve (slowly) after PEs/heart damage. Slowly can be in years. Generally rest when necessary, try and potter round and do your best to keep (both) your spirits up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Myself and MrsD got it LAST January/February ie 14 months ago.
Both suffering long Covid now with extreme fatigue, loss of balance, loss of appetite etc. MrsD has lost so much weight.
10 days ago she lost the use of her legs, collapsed and is now in hospital.
They are trying to get her walking with a zimmer.
Since being in there they found breast cancer and will be operating later this week.
BUT
In answer to your question, we both had our 1st jab about 6 weeks ago.

Top Bottom