anyone decipher this sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3744226, member: 9609"]anyone decipher this sign
google street view[/QUOTE]
that's a gate.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
If it is land of one of the major Scottish landowners, the accent will be cut glass English, if Countryfile and the like are anything to go by. Never heard a plummier set of people than thoae that talk about the grouse moors and deer roaming in Scotland. All McPherson's and Ogilvies's and Laird of..... tho.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My dad did the tour of Scotland 20 yr ago, i lent him and mum my sports car which the returned needing new tyres...
anyhow my dad loves a good walk and after one such walk near Blair..he was asked by a local if he was lost??

No i dont think so said Dad...
i think you may be said the local..Your in my garden...
they then had a we dram and a natter..

Falco Frank

Veteran
Lovely park and cafe at the nearby Hirsel Lake, Coldstream.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
If it is land of one of the major Scottish landowners, the accent will be cut glass English, if Countryfile and the like are anything to go by. Never heard a plummier set of people than thoae that talk about the grouse moors and deer roaming in Scotland. All McPherson's and Ogilvies's and Laird of..... tho.
Is anyone old enough to remember the press this sign received?
clachaig.jpg

on the entrance door of the Clachaig Inn, Glencoe..

At the time, you were served by a plum public school accent behind the bar:whistle:

Mind you, an excellent publicity stunt...
my idea of a Scottish hipsters pub:rolleyes:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:scratch:

I think it is shorthand for "use this gate if you have a very small, or very large, or elderly dog with you, but otherwise use the other small gate that has the stile, whichever you choose keep your dog on the lead."

Last edited:
Top Bottom