Anyone do the virtual BWC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
Figured I'd give myself a challenge at the weekend as I spotted you can complete the BWC this year remotely.

Did the 19 mile one as I was planning a big ride the next day and wanted to be relatively fresh (need all the help I can get).

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I did Kell,

Together with Mrs Tenkay and three friends. We met in a pub car park and headed out through Wimborne, West Moors, Ringwood, Christchurch and Bournemouth for the 46.
Refuelled at Café Velo in Ringwood.

Mrs Tenkay timbered after 4 miles when she misjudged a kerb in the rain but soldiered on.
Not many photos as the weather was a bit grim.

Here's one showing our Ace navigation skills...
bromjungle1.JPG

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I did Kell,

Together with Mrs Tenkay and three friends. We met in a pub car park and headed out through Wimborne, West Moors, Ringwood, Christchurch and Bournemouth for the 46.
Refuelled at Café Velo in Ringwood.

Mrs Tenkay timbered after 4 miles when she misjudged a kerb in the rain but soldiered on.
Not many photos as the weather was a bit grim.

Here's one showing our Ace navigation skills...

I have friends in that area so we're down there a bit, and while I've been to Ringwood a few times, it's normally for beers.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have friends in that area so we're down there a bit, and while I've been to Ringwood a few times, it's normally for beers.

One of the guys I used to run with now does the Ringwood Brewery Tour 🍻

Eight Arch Brewery on the outskirts of Wimborne was our favourite before Lockdown. Only opened on a Friday between 4pm and 8pm but a great atmosphere and very popular with cyclists. It's where I had my first "Off" on my Orange brommie after one too many pints of Corbel 🍻

Top Bottom