Anyone doing any festivals this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Backed out of Leeds this year, not good lineup as last year. Might go splendour though, Feeder are playing!

Bingley Music live might be a cheaper way of seeing Feeder. £35 for the weekend.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
May possibly do Beautiful Days again this year, see what my bonus for this year says (if i get one)
last year was effing spectacular. saw loads of new acts and some cracking old ones too :biggrin:
pete

Aperitif

Meme bar
I suppose it is fortuitous that the question isn't: "Is anyone going to any 'Gig s' this year?" Imogine all the fuss there would be on vernon's venerable festival thread.

I like music - the food of love demands to be played on...

Must book those BluesFest tickets soon.

longers

Legendary Member
Tickets booked.

What's essential kit to take to a festival then please?

Have thought of a few things* but as a first timer would like to know what you take along with you? Wondering if my little camel bak type thingy would come in handy?

*along the lines of strong drink and earplugs. Plus something to make a decent cup of coffee with.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Tickets booked.

Have thought of a few things* but as a first timer would like to know what you take along with you? Wondering if my little camel bak type thingy would come in handy?

*along the lines of strong drink and earplugs. Plus something to make a decent cup of coffee with.

If there is some bad acid floating around, take a whole lot of orange juice :thumbsup:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Tickets booked.

I take a pre-cooked home made curry for the first evening.
Trangia and tea supplies - I don't do coffee when camping.
Wray and Nephew overproof white cane spirit.
Slab or two of cider.
A small portable stool.
Never bothered with my camelbak - I managed to avoid non-alcoholic drinks for 36 hours at Knockengorroch.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Tickets booked.

Might see you at Solfest only if I can organise myself to drive over after Friday night at Leeds festival.

One more thing. Do get your bearings when going from the camp site to the festival. I didn't and spent 3/4 of an hour trying to find my tent on the first night.

Top Bottom