Anyone doing the 'Kilo To Go' sportive on 30/9?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skut

hi Doc.

Do know where I can find any more details? Can I still enter?

Hadn't heard of it before reading your post..

Thanks

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@skut
You can enter on line or on the day. Doing it on the day costs more. Please note - the website doesn't work properly in Firefox or Opera. You'll need to use IE.

Stwutter

TheDoctor said:
Starts in Welwyn, routes of 80 or 110 miles. Handily, the start is about 11 miles from my front door!:biggrin:

Yep, I'm there (my first sportive). It's 11 miles from me also, spookily.

Think I'll take an easy poodle to Welwyn, but I reckon it'll be the puff puff back to New Barnet afterwards!

Glad to hear someone else has entered - thought I was on my JJ for a while - there seems to be around a hundred or so going by the on-line entries, but reckon they'll be a few more on the day, weather permitting.

pw2389

TheDoctor said:
@skut
You can enter on line or on the day. Doing it on the day costs more. Please note - the website doesn't work properly in Firefox or Opera. You'll need to use IE.

As I have a Mac, using IE is not an option. Why can't they make the webpage using ordinary (X)HTML code rather than some Microsoft proprietary rubbish? Just flipping lazy and inconsiderate, that is. :biggrin:

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@pw2389

Totally agree. I'm doing a web design course, and this is one of the things they talk about. I'll actually be mentioning the Kilotogo site as poorly designed because of this.
Is it Safari that Macs tend to use? Might see if I can get it running under XP.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
pw2389 said:
As I have a Mac, using IE is not an option. Why can't they make the webpage using ordinary (X)HTML code rather than some Microsoft proprietary rubbish? Just flipping lazy and inconsiderate, that is. ;)

and they've known about it for ages. i emailed the bloke right at the start of the season when i was trying to enter for the cheshire cat. said he'd get it sorted… ;)

you can google for individual pages, but it's a pain in the arse.

Top Bottom