England : Lincolnshire Anyone doing the Trent 100 on Sunday? My 1st sportive and hopefully 100 miler.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Andy

Über Member
Preparation suffered a bit after cracking ribs at the end of August. I had completed 75 miles before but only had chance for a few 30 milers since although the 30 mile circuit I do has 2000ft of climbing so much bumpier than the course for Sunday. There is an option to take a 100k course after about 35 miles although at the moment I fully intend to do the 100 mile course.
Hopefully it will be decent weather.

Question for you more experienced riders, should I aim to get out for a ride at some point this week? Was thinking possibly Thursday morning.
Any tips gratefully received.

Chappy

Guru
I will be there. Look for the bloke in RN Jersey

Having looked at the course I dont think the climbing will be that bad. If you can ride 75 miles then 100 shouldnt be a problem just make sure you have enough food with you.

OP
OP
B

Big Andy

Über Member
I will be there. Look for the bloke in RN Jersey

Having looked at the course I dont think the climbing will be that bad. If you can ride 75 miles then 100 shouldnt be a problem just make sure you have enough food with you.
See you tomorrow, all being well. I will be the fat bloke in lycra looking lost and out of his depth!
Weather is looking glorious.........

.............. for ducks! Lol

OP
OP
B

Big Andy

Über Member
We got very very wet!!! I thought the organisation was fantastic and will definitwly be doing more sportives. Really enjoyed the whole experience.
Sadly my ride buddy had tweaked a calf muscle a few days earlier and by the time we get to the food stop was starting to feel it so we decided on the 100k as we had said before hand we would stick together. Will be back for next years though.
Should just about have dried out by then. Lol

Chappy

Guru
Yeah I no what you mean. By the time I got to the second feed station they were suprised that people were still turning up seems that the weather played a big part yesterday.

Top Bottom