anyone done 3 peaks from ribblehead?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchybeard

Hey
Horton seems to be the norm in starting the 3 peaks in Yorkshire, though has anyone or is the route doable from starting at Ribble head viaduct...?
May have a bash at it this weekend.

classic33

Leg End Member
Which way round?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Hey
Horton seems to be the norm in starting the 3 peaks in Yorkshire, though has anyone or is the route doable from starting at Ribble head viaduct...?
May have a bash at it this weekend.
Of course it is. You can start it from anywhere on the route. It's obvious lots of people do it from the viaduct as you can tell by the gear being carried when they set off.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Yep I've done it. Do Whernside first and then you end up with the boggy schlep last.

This will help to keep him dry in the boggy schlep. He could put absinthe in the hydration pack.

JIMsuit.jpg

Old jon

Guru
Check for charity walks. A friend started at Ribblehead, to Pen Y Ghent and Ingleborough, finishing with Whernside, the charity walk went in the opposite direction and my friend's group found themselves waiting forever at each stile . . .

OP
OP
itchybeard

itchybeard

Good points.
I knew I could start anywhere, any point, just starting a conversation on it I guess.
Guess I will go the common way round it.
Need the walk out, missed out loads on fell walks in the last few years, need to drag this arse out.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@itchybeard Absolutely I've done it. But then my parents live in Horton :okay:

Begin at the cafe then Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside, Ingleborough is the main route. There's the reverse route which avoids the steep Ingleborough climb.

Top Bottom