Anyone else been out in the snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Just a few pics, 25 miles, 500m ascent. Great fun. Less slippy once i deflated the schwalbe marathon winters down below 60psi. The studs were very secure even on hard packed snow

snow1.jpg
snow2.jpg
snow4.jpg

Nebulous

Guru
No snow, no pics and no studded tyres, but I got out early this morning and there was a really thick frost. It stuck to my tyres and they were very white - I decided I needed to be careful on corners!

I was out today but the main roads as long as you stayed away from the edges were pretty clear some of them looked pretty ropey, covered in slush, I think I prefer dry snow to slush but 24mm tyres coped, its a pity the many car drivers couldn't they were crashing all over the place. No pictures though.

OP
OP
jonathanw

jonathanw

It was a bit of a weird ride. the Black Isle to Farr, south of Inverness. Horrendous ice on black isle, and it worked out easier in the deeper fresh snow in the middle of the road than following the ice on the car tracks. Slow going and an avg speed of 9 miles per hour. No snow from tore to Inverness. The up the 200m climb at Inverarnie, completely snowbound and hard packed, but sun was out. Most drivers very considerate, apart from one t**t in a black 4x4 with a Caterpillar logo.

Phenomenal day, now a few more inches in the early evening, and very cold (-5 at the house). Not sure whether to commute or not at 0630 hrs tomorrow. Likely to be very snowy/icy for the first 7 miles, the second 8 should be ok!

OP
OP
jonathanw

jonathanw

Out today as well, 70 miles. Started in nice sunshine and progressed through rain, sleet, hail, snow and of course the ever present wind. Snow was'nt lying but still bloody cold.

Good going. 70 miles today would have taken me 7 hrs as my rate of progress was much like "driving miss daisy" , even with studded tyres.

The snow is all my fault!
I was running Duranoson the Gekko and wanted to wait until it was worthwhile putting the Winters on

After a couple of visits from the Fairy I fitted the Marathon + as an interim - my wife predicted that it would snow as soon as I did

She was right!

However no snow down here

OP
OP
jonathanw

jonathanw

Blizzard this am, even in town at sea level. Bottled it for the commute. God awful drive in. Will take the bike tomorrow as likely just as safe even going over the hill at 200m to work.

nwjgoode

Lots of snow here..

Top Bottom