Anyone else doing C2C 14/15 April 2012?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm planning on doing the C2C on Sat 14/Sun 15 April, going from Workington/Whitehaven to Sunderland.

Is anyone else doing it on that weekend?

The plan is to travel up on the Friday by train and get a train back from Sunderland Sunday evening, with an overnight near Alston.

Doing the same route but not until mid July. Trying to sort the logistics for getting to Workington/Whitehaven, then getting back from the East coast. I understand trains can be funny about bikes, (never tried TBH).
We're looking to stay in Alston ourselves so I'd really appreciate knowing where you stay and what you think once you get back.
I started a post today about accommodation recommendations here that you might find useful;
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/accomodation-in-alston-suggestions-please.95079/#post-1712845
Good luck :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Doing the same route but not until mid July. Trying to sort the logistics for getting to Workington/Whitehaven, then getting back from the East coast. I understand trains can be funny about bikes, (never tried TBH).
We're looking to stay in Alston ourselves so I'd really appreciate knowing where you stay and what you think once you get back.
I started a post today about accommodation recommendations here that you might find useful;
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/accomodation-in-alston-suggestions-please.95079/#post-1712845
Good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for that - hoping to use TransPennine Express who are usually fine if you book it. Sunderland back is likely to be the challenging one.

Once I've been I'll let you know re. accommodation.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Accommodation & trains sorted:

Up Fri 13th - open train ticket to make it easier

Fri 13 April - Morven Guest House, Workington
Sat 14 April - Highfield, Alston

Back Sunday 15th from Sunderland - again an open train ticket to make it easier

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

My plans have been kyboshed today :sad: Due to various issues my C2C won't be happening. I'll just concentrate on doing my first century and various other 60 mileish rides.
Best of luck with yours DCL :smile:

Thanks - sorry to hear you can't do it.

I'm now planning the May (?25-27) Way of the Roses and June (29-1 Jul?) Trans-Pennine Trail trips. You're welcome to join me ...

Top Bottom