Accomodation in Alston - Suggestions please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone give me any recomendations of places to stay in Alston?
I'm planning a C2C with some colleagues for July, and while there are plenty of places listed on the C2C website, there are no reviews or ratings for any of them.
Having never 'toured' before I have no experience of staying away with my bike.
Any ideas welsome, (within reason of course:whistle:)

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi smokey
try here..http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk/accommodation/alston any joy with the book you were after

larry
http://www.c2cplanner.com/alston.html

rollinstok

Hi, We did the C2C a few years ago and stopped a little further at a place called Allenheads... please excuse my memory ( or lack of it ) but there is a hostel ( not yha ) just on the way into the village which was comfy, clean and cheap with an excellent breakfast. There is a pub in the village with an extremely eccentric owner, apparently he was visiting from down south and fell in love with the place and bought the pub. He plays English patriotic songs ( land of hope and glory etc ) on a wind-up record player whilst wearing a Prince Charles mask...very funny !! He does bed and breakfast which we were told was very good but you need to book well in advance. Sorry again for not remembering specific names. If you think your legs could manage just a few more miles I certainly recommend Allenheads and its pub, it was a highlight of our trip.

robgul

Legendary Member
Cumberland Hotel is basic but OK (have stayed there); Angel Hotel looks OK, eaten there - not stayed - IIRC they serve about 8 sorts of mustard with meals! [Both are/were used by Holiday Lakeland - the C2C package trip people .. so should be OK)

Rob

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Thanks fellas. I'm sure I could squeeze the extra miles to Allenheads but I'm not sure on some of my colleagues. I'll make the suggestion and see what they think. In the meantime any other first hand experiences welcomed :thumbsup:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Thanks Pal. No joy with the book yet. Going to send Mrs S to the library soon. Failing that I'll just buy one I suspect.

Top Bottom