Anyone else doing the "Flapjack" this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I've just filled in my application form for the Chippenham Flapjack on the 14th Feb. Are any of the usual suspects planning to ride that one? Apart from the probability of being damn cold, I don't really know what to expect from it. Is it flattish? Does it go through Castle Combe on the way back?

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I've just filled in my application form for the Chippenham Flapjack on the 14th Feb. Are any of the usual suspects planning to ride that one? Apart from the probability of being damn cold, I don't really know what to expect from it. Is it flattish? Does it go through Castle Combe on the way back?

I'll be there @Donger, providing its not raining ice.
It will be my first audax on the trike :hyper: be good to see a cc face again on an audax :okay:

I haven't looked in detail at the route yet, but I'm hoping Castle Combe will make an appearance, its lush there!

In case of bad weather, keep an eye on your phone and email. I've been signed up to one winter audax that was cancelled due to ice on the roads. It has to be pretty bad weather, but if it's dangerous they will postpone it.

But February? Pah! It will be practically spring by then.

OP
OP
Donger

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Don't know Chippenham at all. I notice it starts from the Bath Road carpark .... presumably it doesn't have a height limit on the barrier? (will be arriving with car on roof). Anyone know?

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Two years and half an audax ago, to be precise. (Couldn't keep up!)

I remember that now actually, we were riding along chatting, out of Tewkesbury I think it was, then I slotted in front of the guy in front of us before we went around a roundabout, then five minutes later I was sans Donger!

I'm not planning on racing around this one on Sunday, apparently its one of the best 100k routes, probably...

Top Bottom