Anyone else have sneezing fits ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have had them for many years now. Most days it will just come on with very little warning.
Normally I have between 8-13 on the trot. Maximum was 17.
When I was younger it was funny but now it drains me and its no longer funny.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Any particular time of year when this happens ?

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Yes!
Sometimes well in excess of 10.
Pollen season is worse but it's random. I beginning to suspect it's food related........🤔

presta

Guru
I can get a bit sneezy at times. I also have photo-sensitive sneezing: looking into the light makes me sneeze, so I often use that to provoke a sneeze that's teetering on the brink, but won't quite go on its own. Since breaking my nose in a car crash 37 years ago, I can also trigger a sneeze by touching my nose where the damaged nerves are. In 37 years it's become a lot less sensitive than it was though, so it's quite difficult to do now. I also get this at times, but I didn't realise it was recognised until I just Googled it.

rvw

Guru
I had this in my late teens/early twenties (a long time ago now) and it turned out I was sensitive to some food additives - colourings and preservatives. It's eased over time but I still avoid those particular additives if I can. I was lucky to find an NHS allergy clinic who did some tests.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have occasional sneezing fits but cannot find any reason as I have no allergies and do not suffer from hay fever. Also season has no influence either. Summer or winter or anything in between makes no difference.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I have allergic rhinitis so anything airborne can trigger sneezes, such as pollen, dust, or any aerosol. The only odd thing that makes me sneeze is wine or Southern Comfort, once I’ve had enough to be drunk. In fact I use that as my cut-off warning.

Strangely I don't get it with any other alcoholic beverages:cheers:.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The sneezing fit challenge is to make a different sound at the end of each sneeze.

It's not much of a challenge when there's only three or four sneezes, but any more and it gets quite hard.
  1. Achoo
  2. Achee
  3. Achaa
  4. Achoi
  5. .......
  6. .....
  7. ...
Even sneezing can be fun :okay:

I get one most evenings - especially in the hay fever season

Hay fever is a bit strange - and not exactly what most people seem to think
e.g. it also occurs outside the pollen season - because mould spores can also trigger it
I also find that I can ride around under trees and past field of rape seed or other trigger plants - with no problem
basically blasting pollen into my nose, face and eyes at 10-20 mph - or more going downhill
all with no real problem

Then I get home, go indoors and 10-30 minutes later my eyes are stinging like mad

and a few hours later I get a sneezing fit that can probably be heard in Japan (according to my wife!)

Her theory is that riding around in high pollen season total over whelms by systems and they shut down
Then- when I get home - things settle down and my systems start reacting normally
Later on in the day my systems react again - for reasons unknown

so - what was the point??
Oh yes

at this time of year - probably hay fever - it can crop up at any age
try taking some non-drowsy hay fever tablets - I use certirizine but different bodies work differently - so try different ones

or just put up with it

Top Bottom