Anyone else on the front page of today's newspaper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
I worked on board the Waverley for a few summers when I was a student. And in all the time I was there, it didn't have any collisions. :smile:

Unlike the wee paddle boats at the seaside, you can't "spin" it by turning the paddles in opposite directions - they are on a fixed axle. This means it has great acceleration, and can stop on a sixpence. But manoeuvrability at low speed is pretty much non existent...

Mr Celine

Discordian
It was more sunny than the newspaper photo shows. I reckon that being the "Scotsman" they photo-shopped clouds into it to deter an influx of tourists.
This is the photo I was taking at the time, showing more sunny skies, and as people have said, is actually a better photo than the newspaper version (maybe because this one doesn't have some nobber standing in the way!):

View attachment 596562
It was just as sunny in Mallaig.

Now I'll have to check the West Highland Free Press or whatever to see if I'm on the front page.

raggydoll

Über Member
See all I originally wanted was a photo of the person taking a photo of you taking a photo of the weverley.

Now I'm gonna need a photo of the scotsman photographer taking a photo of the telegraph photographer taking a photo of you taking a photo of the waverley!

Or maybe a photo of the telegraph photographer taking a photo of the scotsman photographer taking a photo of you taking a photo of the waverley!

tyred

Legendary Member
See all I originally wanted was a photo of the person taking a photo of you taking a photo of the weverley.

Now I'm gonna need a photo of the scotsman photographer taking a photo of the telegraph photographer taking a photo of you taking a photo of the waverley!

Or maybe a photo of the telegraph photographer taking a photo of the scotsman photographer taking a photo of you taking a photo of the waverley!
:wacko:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sharing fame with someone else this time.
Possibly the Scotsman photographer!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

See above :okay:

Top Bottom