Anyone encountered road rage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Yes & the only time I've intentionally jumped a red light, & was told by the police officer that that was the right thing to do!

There was no where to go the other side of the junction & I didn't want to be left in the middle of a big busy multi-lane junction when the lights changed (I know the junction is yellow hatched now but I'm not sure about when the incident happened) so just say there waiting for the traffic to move, it didn't on that phase. A guy behind me took exception to this & started shouting etc. but I wasn't going to move, when the lights changed the guy got out with miniature baseball bat my right turn suddenly turned into a left with flat out sprint down any gap big enough, off the main road ASAP & just diving down back alleys etc for 2 or 3 min.

In the Lotus especially I'm constantly getting very mild incidents of road rage (beeping horn, hand gestures & verbal) for having the audacity to actually do 20/30mph or a touch lower in a 20/30mph limit. Problem with the Lotus is in such a loud car, visually & aurally, which clearly has motorsport intentions you have to be twice as careful.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Being on a recumbent, I seem to attract more than might be considered my fair share of abuse. Not normally things thrown, more often people offering a van-sill commentary on a suspected link between bent riding and onanism.

Its only really annoying when you catch them back up at the next set of lights, and have to work out whether filtering into the ASL will be considered confrontational.

Of course, the speed differential in most occurrences reduces almost every invective to little more than 'mwup' :biggrin:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I was the rager last year, when a Taxi left hooked me at speed and I went straight into the side of him. Badly injuring my arms and left leg, I totally lost the plot, he didn't even give me his insurance details, as he was more bothered about his fare.

snailracer

Über Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']It can all get a bit depressing, hanging around here, but remember, people do tend to post the bad stuff, so you get a distorted picture.
...[/QUOTE]
My perspective is that people get angry everywhere, not just on the road. I see anger in shops, at work, at home, on the internet, etc.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
snailracer said:
My perspective is that people get angry everywhere, not just on the road. I see anger in shops, at work, at home, on the internet, etc.

Yep - it's a symptom of Stress. Just too much stress around and it's not helped by a lack of exercise and bad dietry habits. They is all in a rush - why? Ans - Habit/peception of having to keep up. Possibly

A freind of mine used to sit back in the tea room and say "If the rats want to race - let them". Very wise IMHO

longers

Legendary Member
I read a comment on another forum where the poster said he wished he was able to get the motorist out of their car, sit them down with a nice cup of tea and ask them "was that really necessary?

I keep thinking of that and don't lose my cool as often.

Top Bottom