Anyone fancy a steam-powered Land Rover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Pleasingly eccentric and ridiculous.

postman

Legendary Member
Do you think it would get through Rufford Ford,it's n YouTube there are some brave or stupid drivers depending on your thinking.

Cerdic

Now, why hasn’t this been done before?

Before the First World War, steam cars and lorries were quite common. They were cheaper, more reliable, and more powerful than petrol. Petrol only won out in the end because it didn’t need an hour or two to get it started!

AndyRM

XOXO
Now, why hasn’t this been done before?

Before the First World War, steam cars and lorries were quite common. They were cheaper, more reliable, and more powerful than petrol. Petrol only won out in the end because it didn’t need an hour or two to get it started!

I think you might have answered your own question.

Cerdic

Yeah, phrased that badly!

Obviously, steam cars have been done before.

Converting a modern(ish) vehicle for fun? Landy is the obvious choice!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Saw this thread before my attention was demanded...... It's old news really, was even on the local news at the time (Look Northwest or similar :laugh:).
Obvious base vehicle really. The sturdy box section ladder chassis lends itself to grafting in alternative drivetrains without complex engineering. You could build one in your shed if you wanted.

Jameshow

Veteran
I reckon it would cause a local clean air zone camera to have a meltdown what the heck is that!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jameshow

Veteran
Saw this thread before my attention was demanded...... It's old news really, was even on the local news at the time (Look Northwest or similar :laugh:).
Obvious base vehicle really. The sturdy box section ladder chassis lends itself to grafting in alternative drivetrains without complex engineering. You could build one in your shed if you wanted.

The rover p4 had a gas turbine remember!

Top Bottom