Anyone fancy a two day ride to Lyme Regis from London/Windsor April 26th/27th?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexB

Veteran
I'm heading to Lyme Regis at the end of April. Two days riding in lovely countryside.
I'll be taking the train from Clapham to Windsor to save the ball-ache of leaving London west-bound and to get onto quieter roads more quickly.
I'll be riding to Cholderton YHA the first day, then from there to Lyme Regis. Two legs of about 80 miles each.
Last year's routes are here, but I'm tweaking them a bit at the moment:
cycle.travel/map/journey/19594 - first leg, Windsor to Stonehenge YHA (I'm reworking the approach to the YHA)
cycle.travel/map/journey/19986 - second leg to Lyme Regis (the exit from the YHA was all wrong, so reworking that to join a previous route I took from Salisbury)

Happy to have company if anyone fancies it. I've ridden the route three times now and it's stunning countryside, but very rolling. You'd need gears and I travel light, Audax style with minimal luggage (one change of cycle gear, a T-shirt and lightweight trousers for the evening).
I've got accommodation (for me) sorted at Lyme Regis, but there's a train from Axminster (about 8 miles from Lyme Regis) that runs straight back into London.
The plan is to head out of London at about 10am on Wednesday 26th of April, lunch in Swallowfield, then on to stay overnight at Cholderton; start out at about 10am, lunch in Tisbury, with a further stop in Sherborne, getting into Lyme Regis around 4-5pm on Thursday.
Cholderton YHA is a bit rubbish, but it's in about the right spot for an overnight stop and it's cheap.
pm me if you're interested in a mini-tour

mmmmartin

Random geezer
pm me if you're interested in a mini-tour
(PM possible only in The Other Place, on here it's a "conversation". )

I'm supposed to be on holiday with SWMBO at that time, @AlexB but if that doesn't happen I'd be up for this. I'm a bit old and useless but can speak some French so does that help?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've ridden Axminster to London in a day and over two days—and the reverse, of course. Mostly a straightforward route.

Late last year two of us did a three day tour from Reading to East Devon, using lanes and minor routes, quite often crossing my earlier rides, and finding roads that I had never ridden.

It should be a good journey.

Top Bottom