Anyone fancy a virtual coast to coast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone,

My wife and I were struggling for motivation to get out and get exercise beyond short walks as a family so, I planned this out,

Untitled-1.jpg

Rules are:
You can stop for as long as you like at any of the marked locations, you can pause for up to 48 hours between locations
You can do more than one section at a time.
Any ride counts, road, off road, ride with the family, turbo trainer, doesn't matter.

I've found it's been helpful with simply getting out and getting a decent ride in rather than getting down the road a bit and making it a short loop and did my first 20k in one ride recently which felt great. We've printed it out and using the two marker bikes to keep track of where we are.

If you're joining in, just post with where you've got to, first to Scarborough buys the virtual & socially distant fish and chips :smile:

I'm currently part way between Settle and Cracoe, the wife is at Settle.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its good fun doing a virtual ride. I am in the process of doing a virtual Home to Paris ride. I set myself a target of 30 cycling days. I have a few days left. The A are my daily rides.

Venod

Eh up
I have done Whitehaven to Tynemouth and Lands End to John O Groats on the turbo using GPX files, the Lejog was an interesting route taking the Western Isles, on a smart turbo you get to ride all the hills.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Set off on 1st May, just got to Newton-on Ouse against the easterly head-wind on Friday!... should get to York later today if I can get some drawings finished first!

Thanks Black Sheep - I'm enjoying this!:bicycle:

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Set off on 1st May, just got to Newton-on Ouse against the easterly head-wind on Friday!... should get to York later today if I can get some drawings finished first!

Thanks Black Sheep - I'm enjoying this!:bicycle:

You've got a long way!

My two road bikes are currently in bits and I don't enjoy riding the mountain bike on road!

Hopefully get some distance in soon.

Archie_tect

You've got a long way!

My two road bikes are currently in bits and I don't enjoy riding the mountain bike on road!

Hopefully get some distance in soon.
It's all down to the sunny afternoons we've been getting- bit cold today with rain forecast so staying a bit longer in Newton-on-Ouse!
Great idea!:smile:

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
What a great idea.when my computer comes.I will do a map your ride one.Then work out distances .what a fantastic idea.you two are brilliant.

postman

Legendary Member
I sat down this morning and did an 80 mile ride to Scarborough.Again what a great idea.So come on Postie bring me my computer.

Archie_tect

Set off from Newton this afternoon and rode non-stop through York and Sand Hutton [never been there before] out to Malton, stopping for a good rest and a visit to your bowery and the Cheese shop!
Good job we had a strong following wind from the west today- flying along.

Last edited:
Top Bottom