Anyone got a Crono Elite Turbo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've just picked up a Crono Elite Turbo - and watched a You Tube review which seemed to show the guy using his standard wheel axle / skewer. Is this right or do you have to use the axle / skewer that is supplied?

Cheers

Martin

Sorry - don't know about that specific turbo but I think you will find that the QR supplied is necessary to stop the bike rocking and creating a really annoying click. Other QR's come in all shapes and sizes so I don't see how they could accommodate them all in one design.

zacklaws

Guru
Its possible in the You Tube video that the maker had changed the skewer all ready. I have that model of Turbo and I had to change my skewer, and I also leave it in for normal riding. Also one of my road bikes also has a skewer in, identical to the supplied one, so they are not unique to the turbo, but just to make your bike compatible to the turbo if your original skewer does not fit.

I've just actually had a look at a video on Youtube, and they have the skewer clamp on the drive side. I always thought it should be on the non drive side.

i used the skewer that comes with it. i was using my own for a while until i realised the right way :tongue:

i change back when its outdoor time

rockyraccoon

Veteran
I asked the same a few days ago. I am keeping the one that comes with it when cycling (in or out).. I've just done 20 miles today using it.

monnet

Guru
The skewers that come with turbo trainers are usually different to the regular skewer in two ways:

1) They are designed for the clamp mechanism to hold the wheel firm
2) They tend to be heavier duty than regular QRs to accommodate the extra strain put on them in a turbo.

I'm fortunate in that I have an old wheel for use on the turbo so I keep the turbo QR in that wheel. Of course, there's no problem in keeping the turbo QR in on the road but equally, it's not hard to change a QR.

Zacklaws, I think the idea of QR on the non drive side is more ease of access and aesthetics. AFIK there's no benefit to it being one way or the other.

Top Bottom