Anyone growing their own veggies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Lemon? Good work!

al78

Guru
Yes:

Potatoes
Carrots
Spring Onions
Kale
Leeks
Broccoli

It is a bugger trying to keep things watered at the moment. Hardly any rain here during April; Guildford, 18 miles from here recorded just 0.6 mm of rain during the whole month. March was very dry as well.

Munchkin100

Tomatoes, in pots. Wish I had time for an allotment :-( but I wouldnt have enough cycling time, after being a mum, housewife, full time employed and looking after the elderly parents.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
We have a shorter, but more intense growing season here in Ontario and as we had a harder winter than usual, I have only been preparing the ground this week. We'll be planting lots of things from corn to oriental greens, and we are also planting an orchard this year. Oh, and the chickens will be arriving in June!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Got some spuds and onions in so far.

We have a pathetic little garden which is almost uncultivatable and mostly weeds grass. And shrubbery. But some spinach is just poking out the ground now, maybe we'll get a crop at last after several years' total failures. And Mrs P put out the courgettes yesterday. Now it's WAR against the slugs and no prisoners! I'm afraid that means slug pellets. We've tried all sorts, and nothing else works. If anyone wants to protest otherwise, take a look at our garden!

To make room for the spinach Mrs P uprooted all the jerusalem artichokes. Having rashly sown the seed several years ago, we haven't been able to get rid of the things since. They'll be back.

Oh, and we have a blackcurrant bush that's been producing a good steady crop for decades now.

And mint, which has overrun one end of the lawn whether we like it or not.

That's about it.

Deb13b

Picked my first radishes today, got some crap-looking beetroots trying to grow, some spuds in bags. Got strawberry plants coming away nicely too. Hope to have more edible stuff next year. I love my little garden. Very chilled out when I'm planting stuff / digging etc. Tempted to try some guerilla gardening too !

Gromit

Über Member
We have a half plot, just had our first crop of rhubarb. We got the onion sets in and potatoes. Our strawberry's have little green fruit on them already.

Soon to go in Purple sprouting, cauliflower, cabbage, leeks. Too much veg to list really.

We have a pathetic little garden which is almost uncultivatable and mostly weeds grass. And shrubbery. But some spinach is just poking out the ground now, maybe we'll get a crop at last after several years' total failures. And Mrs P put out the courgettes yesterday. Now it's WAR against the slugs and no prisoners! I'm afraid that means slug pellets. We've tried all sorts, and nothing else works. If anyone wants to protest otherwise, take a look at our garden!

And mint, which has overrun one end of the lawn whether we like it or no

Mint - haha. Always put in a pot, or it, err, overruns the lawn
We gave up on growing hostas, or as they are known in our garden 'slug salad'

Cherry tree crops well, just have to get to them before the local bird population. No grapes this year as the shed the vine was holding up finally gave up and collapsed.

Will be a few tomatoes 'tumbling toms' in hanging baskets again this year, few salad leaves and herbs and having a go at spuds in bags and some sweetcorn.

Top Bottom