anyone had a driver in court for driving without due care and attention?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don't think there is a course option for driving without due car / dangerous driving, isn't that only an option for speeding, and even then only when the exceeded speed isn't too serious?

Speed awareness courses can be offered - in the force areas that offer them - if the offence is more than a few mph over, but less than vastly over - the limit.

The thinking is that education is not appropriate for a driver who is only just over the limit, or for a driver who is charging along like Lewis Hamilton.

Table here:

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've been told that a driver I reported for deliberate sustained close tailgating has requested a court appearance rather than a FPN/course. Don't know when it will be just yet.

A defence solicitor friend who has seen the footage says the driver doesn't stand a chance of avoiding a conviction.

I hope the CPS get all the ducks in a row and it is an interesting/fruitful day out !
Some people will try and defend the undefendable just to prove their point. Even when they are convicted they stii claim to be in the right.

Top Bottom