Anyone had dental implants?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well I've been. The dentist told me she can't fit veneers or crowns on my front bottom teeth due to my back and forth jaw movement,saying they'd only get knocked off by my upper front teeth. She is going to do various work such as scraping the coffee stained teeth and a few fillings,as well as polishing them and filling the bottom one to a smooth presentable finish. I need two more appointments,which will bring the bill up to an estimated £500. I was expecting to pay around £1000 for veneers or caps,so it sounds reasonable to me. 500 quid would buy me a week to 10 days in Portugal or a quality tweed coat but having nice presentable teeth will be quite a novelty after years of feeling embarrassed about them. I also asked the dentist if mine were some of the worst she'd seen. No she replied. Yours aren't that bad. She said mine aren't that bad compared to most private patients she sees. I think east Lancashire is one of the worst regions in the country for decayed/badly looked after teeth. I now find myself looking at peoples teeth when I'm talking to them.😁

Last edited:
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My plate is approx 3/4 of my upper jaw. Cost £750. Initially I thought that was a lot, but I had to have a new plate and another crappy NHS one would be close on £300 so I thought wtf. Coffins don't have pockets.

Early days of course, but so far it seems to be a worthwhile investment.
Thanks. Definitely worth a ponder...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I also asked about gold fillings. The dentists said we'll talk about them after the cleaning and polishing. Do any of you have them? I'd only want them done if they can be seen. What'd be the point of paying a lot of money for gold fillings if you can't show them off?!

vickster

Legendary Member
Gold fillings? Do you mean gold crowns? Why would you have gold these days when you can have one that’s the same colour as tooth? Unless you’re a rapper :stop:

I have a silver crown, done on NHS at the back on a tooth that was not expected to last long even crowned...that was about 10 years ago now and it’s still fine. Wish I’d paid a few extra hundred for a tooth coloured one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It’s a crown not a filling. Tooth colour just looks more natural next to other teeth!
I do have some old silver fillings too, if they ever need replacing I’ll pay for white
I would've thought silver ones were more expensive than the white ones. If they're cheaper i'd like some as i've always fancied gold in my gob,but silver will do.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would've thought silver ones were more expensive than the white ones. If they're cheaper i'd like some as i've always fancied gold in my gob,but silver will do.
Nope, cheap NHS crown. It was still a few hundred though!

Most people really don’t want a gob full of tacky bling :ph34r:
but natural looking teeth :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, must admit haven't bothered to come on here much last couple of weeks, just become too PC for me but just felt that if you wanted any reassurance about implants my final bridge was put in last week and I have to say best thing I have ever done teeth wise.
More expensive than RR's Bianchi but you can not put a price on the confidence / feel good you will experience if you have them done.
Thanks,but i can't have implants or any cosmetic work that means extracting teeth etc,due to my non repairable jaw caused by radiotherapy. I just have to put up with the teeth i have,hoping the dentists can kind of work wonders!

Top Bottom