anyone had skiers thumb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
had a crash about three months ago and the only remaining discomfort is in my thumb. sometimes opening tight bottles but mainly sudden movement or impact like clapping or throwing a ball causes pain.

think I landed on my thumb when I bounced off the car bonnet and hit the tarmac. at the time I didn't notice the pain in my thumb but all the other injuries healed but this one remains. I gather it's thumb ligament damage. anyone had it and did it heal and if so, how?

Julia9054

Guru
had a crash about three months ago and the only remaining discomfort is in my thumb. sometimes opening tight bottles but mainly sudden movement or impact like clapping or throwing a ball causes pain.

think I landed on my thumb when I bounced off the car bonnet and hit the tarmac. at the time I didn't notice the pain in my thumb but all the other injuries healed but this one remains. I gather it's thumb ligament damage. anyone had it and did it heal and if so, how?
My mum fell skiing and snapped her thumb ligament (20 years ago) The local A&E just strapped it up but when she returned, she had to have an operation to reattach it. The hospital said that they had just got it in time as the length of time between injury and operation meant that the ligament had shrivelled and shortened. She had lots of physio involving squeezing rubber balls and putty! She still complains that it aches in the cold.

vickster

Legendary Member
Find a hand physio. Are you pursuing an injury claim? If so, ask your solicitor to organise (and pay)

Top Bottom