Anyone here from Perth......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
...... and if you are can you recommend me an Indian restaurant please?

I might be stopping up there next Tuesday and rather than stay in the hotel I'd rather have a walk out for something to eat, according to Mr Google there's a few to choose from but I don't know which one to go for.

I believe @Mo1959 is in that part of the world, however, I do not know what her restaurant critic skills are like.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not exactly. Crieff which is 18 miles away but haven’t been in Perth other than the dentist recently so I’ve lost touch with good places to eat sorry.

Maybe you can recommend a good dentist for after the Indian?

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Not exactly. Crieff which is 18 miles away but haven’t been in Perth other than the dentist recently so I’ve lost touch with good places to eat sorry.

That's the one, I couldn't remember for some reason, even though you see signs for it all the way up on the road south of Perth.

I'm up at Brewdog on Monday/Tuesday and was going to stop in Perth on the way home, was thinking of the Hydro at first but it looks a bit far out of town so I might stay central so I can have a walk out somewhere.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Didn't go to Perth after all, I ended up in Broughty Ferry and went to this place - https://www.indosrestaurant.co.uk/

Only a small place but spot on, and the best mixed grill I've ever had. There's a lamb chop, half a chicken, six pieces of lamb and chicken tikka, and two kebabs on there.

IMG_20230124_200342.jpg

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
The rice and salad look a bit dull though :laugh:

I'm not a big fan of rice like that, it can tend to clump together instead of being fluffy, I was glad of the lettuce though, those kebabs were the spiciest I've ever had and my stinging tongue was soothed by the cool lettuce, and the Kingfisher as well. 😊🍻

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Didn't go to Perth after all, I ended up in Broughty Ferry and went to this place - https://www.indosrestaurant.co.uk/

Only a small place but spot on, and the best mixed grill I've ever had. There's a lamb chop, half a chicken, six pieces of lamb and chicken tikka, and two kebabs on there.

View attachment 675707

Broughty Ferry was one of the places our annual Sunday school trip used to take us when we were kids. Quite nice if I remember.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Broughty Ferry was one of the places our annual Sunday school trip used to take us when we were kids. Quite nice if I remember.

I stayed there a few years ago but got to my hotel in the dark and left the next morning in the dark.

This time it was light when I left and I went alongside the river to Dundee Airport before getting back on the M90, it looked like a decent place, especially around where the Discovery was berthed.

Top Bottom