Anyone here got an allotment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Is that the London road allotments?

I had one in Bramford Lane in the early '90's. Here in Harlow they are like gold dust. I applied 3 years ago and still waiting.

Gromit

Über Member
We have had one for about three years now. This year I hardly did anything to it, as I missed the growing season, looking after my mum before she died.

I feel really guilty now every time I go over and think I'm going to be shouted at. Next year I'm hopefully going to do much better. Allotments are good things to have these day's, as the price of fruit and veg is going to increase a lot.

OP
OP
al78

al78

Guru
Allotments are the gardening equivalent of turbo trainers. Great to have one - in theory.

Can't see that myself. Allotments are effectively a utility garden so surely they should be the equivalent of utility cycling e.g. commuting to work.

ASC1951

Guru
Can't see that myself. Allotments are effectively a utility garden so surely they should be the equivalent of utility cycling e.g. commuting to work.
I meant the number of people who start out, full of enthusiasm, then two years later the turbo is covered in dust and put on Ebay. Ditto allotments. I was one of them.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I meant the number of people who start out, full of enthusiasm, then two years later the turbo is covered in dust and put on Ebay. Ditto allotments. I was one of them.

To be fair our first plot got torched by the old boys because it got overgrown. We made a great comeback though - we learned to start slow; digging over your entire plot is the worst possible thing to do.

Top Bottom