Anyone identify this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
A mate of mine saw this & bought it, hoping i'd take it off his hands :biggrin:
Didn't really need another bike, but I now have it :biggrin:

It's been repainted at some point & had Rick Powell graphics added :biggrin:

It has shimano 105 gears & the seat tube is 'ovaled' towards the bottom & the down tube is also ovaled
The serial no looks like N2 (these 2 characters quite faded) 4130213 if anyone can decipher that ;)
picture.php

My plan is to strip most parts off & add to another old racer I have for winters & maybe convert this to a fixed :biggrin:

bagpuss

Guru
Rick Powell is/was an ex Carlton frame builder .He started building frame under his own name during the early 1980's I beleive.So it could be one of his?Some Raleigh frames had oval tubes but I do not recognize the frame number.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
bagpuss said:
Rick Powell is/was an ex Carlton frame builder .He started building frame under his own name during the early 1980's I beleive.So it could be one of his?Some Raleigh frames had oval tubes but I do not recognize the frame number.

I'm not convinced it is an original Rick Powell bike, as there are 3 mounting holes at the front where it looks like a maker's badge has been fit, but now just has a transfer/sticker there :laugh:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm not sure if it is a Raleigh. I had a few raleigh badges for the head tube, but they were all only 2 pin, rather than the 3 pin that would have been fit on this frame :laugh:

Top Bottom