Anyone know anything about flight refunds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My daughter was due to fly back (finally) from Morocco - had a ticket booked & paid for - then the Moroccan government decided to extend lockdown conditions, and the flight was cancelled. She went to the website to get a refund, and their related guidance includes stuff like:

1591797855938.png

Is this possible? 'even if the carriers don't'? I had told my daughter not to worry - it's a contract: you've paid them to deliver something and they haven't delivered it: you'll get your money back. Now, according to this, it might be a case of 'they don't'. Can this be legal? Just seems clearly wrong to me, whereas commercial type law generally actually makes sense/tallies with 'natural justice' (eg, you pay for something, you get it; or you get your money back).

Does anyone have any knowledge in this area? I've promised my daughter I'll look into it, not least because her internet access is flakey at best where she is right now.

vickster

Legendary Member
I did a Chargeback via my credit card. Air France Paid via Expedia for a Delta flight ,

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
If it is Ryanair join the queue as there is a massive FB group many waiting since the beginning of March, she will be offered a voucher, which can be difficult and axpensive to spend it seems.

gbb

Legendary Member
The guidance above is probably just that, guidance...that favours the supplier. It probably makes no difference to your statutory rights, it's just fog to confuse people into thinking it's your only option.

vickster

Legendary Member
If it is Ryanair join the queue as there is a massive FB group many waiting since the beginning of March, she will be offered a voucher, which can be difficult and axpensive to spend it seems.
Or just request a CC chargeback...

vickster

Legendary Member
Some cc companies are not giving it back that easily.
Tesco/RBS didn't quibble. They just take it back from Ryanair and then it’s up to them to dispute.

this is why I never use a debit card for anything online (Only use really for food and drink)

screenman

Legendary Member
Tesco/RBS didn't quibble. They just take it back from Ryanair and then it’s up to them to dispute.

this is why I never use a debit card for anything online (Only use really for food and drink)

I am the same Vickster, but thousands are having problems.

screenman

Legendary Member
Credit or debit card though?

Many are having trouble with credit cards as Ryanair have not refused a refund they just have not done it yet in many cases. Trust pilot makes an interesting read on them. Even my gift vouchers cost money to spend it seems.

Top Bottom