Anyone know skype?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop, including reinstalling Skype. I have somehow managed to set up a second skype account/user name, which I find myself completely unable to delete, so's to substitute the real (original) one. I've even tried uninstalling skype completely, hoping that when I reinstall I'll have the option to install with the correct details, but no. The moment it opens up, it's already in the 'wrong' user account. I've tried to locate and remove any skype-related cookies, but without success. For one thing, I can't find cookies. For another, when I go to C:/users>me>appdata, there is a skype folder, but it claims to contain one folder, which is empty. As per, technology is driving me nuts. Can anyone help?

Nibor

Bewildered
if you click on the cog on the right for settings and choose personal click advanced and allows you to changed from automatic configuration to manual.

Hope this helps.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If you can't resolve your Skype issues try Zoom, it's simpler, and more user* friendly.

*Opinion of me a techaphobe

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
if you click on the cog on the right for settings and choose personal click advanced and allows you to changed from automatic configuration to manual.

Hope this helps.
Thanks - it did! Didn't quite work as described, but it pointed me in the right direction and stumbling around I came across an option to sign out & sign in with a different account, and that was that. Better yet, my laptop now seems to have adopted that as my default account. So without wishing to tempt fate, looks like I'm sorted. CC triumphs again! Many thanks.

Top Bottom