Anyone know the number for International Rescue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
My mum has been in New Zealand for two weeks and today experienced her first "severe" rated earthquake. 6.9 on the Richter Scale!

Calling International Rescue... 5...4...3...2...1... Thunderbirds are go!

She said she poo'd her pants (she pooped her pants at the 2.5 one the other day). Even my sister (who lives there) was like... wowsers, that was a bad one!

apparently, you can go to the Natural History museum and go on their simulator to experience what it feels like. that's on my to do list.

Geonet tracks the earthquakes in NZ. it's quite scary to look at the timeline.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I broke wind yesterday evening, and I'm sure I saw some scientists outside later on with a mobile Richter machine, scratching their heads and wondering what the hell had happened.

Arch

Married to Night Train
apparently, you can go to the Natural History museum and go on their simulator to experience what it feels like. that's on my to do list.

My Mum's been on that. When we had that relatively* large quake here in the UK about 5 years ago, my sister was staying at Mum's. When the quake happened, my sister woke up in a panic, and rushed out of her bedroom, to meet my Mum on the landing coming the other way. Mum said "Don't worry, it's only an earthquake!"** She said she knew, because she'd been on that simulator.

They sat down on the bed and chatted for a moment or two about it, and then my sister suddenly said "Oliver!". My baby nephew had slept through the whole thing and in the excitement she'd completely forgotten about him.

*can't remember the magnitude, I know it woke me up and the room was swaying.

** she has form for this kind of comfort. Just before I was born, the house with our flat in had a fire start in the hallway outside our flat. Mum and Dad were out on the balcony awaiting rescue, when the landlady, how lived on the ground floor, ran out in the garden screaming about burglars - she'd woken up with a start, seen her own dressing gown hanging on the door and mistaken it for a burglar in her bedroom. My Mum leaned over the parapet and called out "Don't worry, Mrs O'Connell, the house is on fire!"

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I broke wind yesterday evening, and I'm sure I saw some scientists outside later on with a mobile Richter machine, scratching their heads and wondering what the hell had happened.

@Fnaar i also broke wind according to the other half last night whilst i was asleep perhaps if we could do sycronised wind breaking next time who knows what the result would be

Doseone

Guru
We lived in New Zealand for about a year and experienced two earthquakes. One felt like a giant had grabbed the house and shook it, I thought the fireplace was going to pop out from the wall!! Quite scary. The other was just a low rumbling like when you're in London and a tube train passes underneath.

Apparently the second one was a lot stronger than the first one but was located deeper.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
spoke to my sister yesterday. she said they have predicted one above 6 on the richter scale but she's ok, coz she's got her "grab bag" (earthquake pack) and it's got chocolate in it!! Her husband is going abroad with work (how convenient! LOL) so she's having his chocolate as well.

That's pretty much all you need i think!

Top Bottom